Want to become a coach? Below are the steps you need to take in becoming a qualified coach.
- Be interested!
- Have some knowledge of classic cross-country or skate skiing
- Learn about Cross-Country Canada here: https://www.cccski.com/Home.aspx
- Learn about coaching cross-country skiing here: https://www.coach.ca/cross-country-skiing-p154493
- Let the program coordinator know you are interested! E-mail them at email@example.com
- Learn about the community coach pathway here: https://www.cccski.com/Programs/Coaching-Development/National-Coaching-Certification-Program/Community-Coach.aspx
- Sign up for a “Locker Account Number” here: https://thelocker.coach.ca/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fonlinelearning If you need help, reference this document https://www.cccski.com/getmedia/46064590-e67d-4fb7-a609-66ccfaabb96e/ICC-elearning-step-by-step.pdf.aspx
- Complete the online Initiation in Sport module for $15. This e-module will take approximately 1 hour to complete. This course is mandatory for anyone coaching with the program.
- Complete the Intro to Community Coaching module for $52. This e-module will take approximately 4-5 hours to complete. This course is mandatory for anyone coaching with the program.
- Let the program coordinator know you have completed the two modules.
Please note that upon completion of your coach status and registration in Zone4 the club will reimburse these two online course fees. Please email the program coordinator for this.